The Summer Internship Programme is an opportunity to spend a summer learning from and working with professionals.
programme is thought to offer students a valuable learning
experience by giving them an insider perspective of a Group that is
in the forefront of the Food Distribution business.
The Summer Internship Programme is a
unique chance to work hand in hand with our teams on individually
crafted assignments and to have an impact on our processes and
business results. We offer students the chance to learn, but we
also expect them to take part in adding value to our business. The
programme takes place in Poland and Portugal.
- To get a valuable work experience, acquired through two months
full of challenges in real-life business.
- It is a great chance to build up a network of contacts with
both company's professionals and fellow interns.
- Remuneration in recognition of intern's effort and contribution
to the results of our teams.
Our programme is a great opportunity of early professional
development for the best students, which should meet the following
- solid academic performance with at least 1 year of university
- passion for preferred functional area(s)
- learning agility coupled with self-starter capacity
- strong orientation for results
- clear and concise communication
- very good command of English and local language (Polish or
- availability to work full-time in the summer (July and
PROGRAMME IN DETAIL
The Summer Internship Programme is
an opportunity to spend two months learning from food distribution
experts while contributing to the Group's success on a daily
Our Interns will have access to a
two-month programme, full of challenges, learning and growth. We
make sure that our Interns not only develop their skills while
working in a specific functional area, but also have the chance to
understand the functioning of our Companies, the nature of our
business and the industry itself.
The programme lasts for two-months, July and August (in some
cases extended to September). Besides the opportunity to get
on-the-job experience while working in a particular functional
area, the programme offers:
- Company orientation: During their first day in the company all
interns are given an overview of the business, Companies and their
functional areas, but also have a chance to get to know one another
during this all-day event.
- Tutor: Each Intern is accompanied by their dedicated tutor,
responsible for the outcome of their internship.
- Networking: Multiple interaction opportunities are provided to
allow interns to engage in challenging initiatives outside of their
day to day function.
- Development day: Special day is devoted to the development of
knowledge and skills useful in the development of a professional
- Evaluation & feedback: Each intern is evaluated according
to predefined criteria and receives feedback to help them grow as
- Certificate: The experience gained proves to be valuable in
their C.V. The internship certificate is issued to confirm the
formal character of the programme.
- Salary: Intern's contribution to our results is important so
they will receive a compensation for that.
Learn about the different phases of the recruitment process for
the Summer Internship Programme (available in Poland and
All candidates are expected to submit their applications
online. In Poland, applications are to be submitted at karierawjm.pl platform, and
in Portugal at campus.jeronimomartins.pt/summer.
All applications are screened according to the defined candidate
profile, considering the basic eligibility criteria and profile
Selected candidates are invited to record a video-pitch explaining
why they are great candidates to our programme.
Interview with HR
The chosen candidates are invited to interviews in which they have
a chance to talk about their professional and educational
experiences and expectations regarding their professional
Interview with functional areas
The best candidates are invited to an interview with the manager
that is recruiting the intern for their team to understand their
motivations and fit with the function.
The selected candidates are offered a place in our Summer
Internship Programme, which starts in the beginning of July.
Follow us on LinkedIn
The application period for the Summer Internship Programme 2017
is open in February, in Portugal, and in March, in
know about other opportunities in the Jerónimo Martins Group visit
our page on LinkedIn.