Appointed by the Board of Directors and reporting to the Audit Committee, the Internal Control Committee has 5 members.
The Internal Control Committee (ICC) meets monthly and comprises
a Chairman and four other members. None of the members is an
Executive Director of the Company.
The members of the ICC are:
- Mr. Alan Johnson (Chairman)
- Mr. Francisco Martins
- Mr. Henrique Soares dos Santos
- Mr. Jerónimo David Duarte
- Ms. Madalena Mena
The ICC is specifically responsible for:
- Evaluating the quality and reliability of the internal control
system and the process of preparing financial statements;
- Evaluating the quality of the monitoring process in force in
Jerónimo Martins' Companies, with a view to ensuring compliance
with the laws and regulations to which they are subject.
In performing this latter task, the
ICC must obtain regular information on the legal and fiscal
contingencies that affect the Companies of the Group.