To ensure that this website offers a good browsing experience for all visitors and users, we provide access to users with special needs.
The Jerónimo Martins Group seeks to make its products and
services accessible to all, including those with special needs.
We aim to offer users of this website an experience in
accordance with international web accessibility best practices. For
- We aim to achieve Level AA conformance with WCAG 1.0 (Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0) on most pages and, when
this is not possible, to ensure at least Level A conformance with
- In the development of interfaces and content, we adopt the
specifications and technologies defined by the W3C (World Wide
Web Consortium), namely HTML and CSS.
The current accessibility features of this website include:
- Alternative text for images and other non-text content
- Title attributes, which provide additional information on
- Structural markup to identify headings and lists, helping pages
to be easily understood;
- Association of form elements through labels;
- Association of table data cells with their headers;
appearance and functionality.
This website's interface has been optimised for:
- The most widely used versions of the most popular browsers
(Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome)
- Viewing with a screen resolution of at least 1024x768 pixels
(with "medium" character display size).
- Ctrl + to increase font size
- Ctrl - to decrease font size
- Ctrl 0 (zero) - to reset font size
Where appropriate, new shortcuts may be developed.
TTS (Text-To-Speech) system
The website offers TTS technology, allowing users to listen to
The voice is high quality and this functionality is especially
useful for users with vision impairment.
To view all pages correctly, the following programs should be
installed: Acrobat Reader and, for a limited number of situations,
Flash Player or Shockwave.
If necessary, they can be downloaded free from the following
Acrobat Reader: http://get.adobe.com/br/reader/
High contrast mode
To display pages in high contrast mode, follow these steps
(instructions only valid for Internet Explorer):
- On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options" and in the
"General" tab, click "Accessibility";
- Check the selection boxes;
"Ignore colours specified on Web
"Ignore font styles specified on
"Ignore font sizes specified on
The images used on this website have alternative text, which
allows a description to be assigned to images for text recognition
systems (TTS) and other assistive technologies.
Difficult-to-access or inaccessible content
We are aware that there are contents to which, by their very
nature, users may have reduced or conditioned access (such as
We reaffirm our commitment to minimising the impact of these
situations, identifying them, reviewing them periodically and
implementing the best practices available, to the extent possible
with existing technical and human resources.